Michael Oak is a Waldorf school of excellence, offering inspiration and leadership in Education.
Michael Oak Waldorf School seeks to awaken the whole child towards creative responsibility, developing confident, balanced individuals empowered to work with the challenges of today and tomorrow.
We strive to:
- Educate each child in a holistic and caring way
- Balance the activities of the head, heart and hands – thinking, feeling and willing.
- Nurture creativity, initiative and reverence for life in every child.
- Work carefully with the Waldorf curriculum in a way that meets the special opportunities of each age.
- Encourage depth of thought and academic excellence.
- Support the developing art of Waldorf education within the school and in the wider community.
- Provide a community centre for cultural enrichment and continuing education for life.
- We value the unique contribution of every human being.
- We are inspired by the qualities of goodness, beauty and truth.
- We work from an understanding of the phases of a child’s development as investigated by Rudolf Steiner.
- We foster a supportive triangle of child, parent and teacher within a community of openness and sharing.
- We work cooperatively with colleagues using consensus management within an ethos of mutual respect, individual growth and communal enrichment.
- We recognise the value of our rich diversity and we nurture it.
- We care for our environment and support ecological sustainability.